Thursday, August 24, 2006

The week so far...

Monday: On his way to pick me up from work, E hit a pallet on the road. It was that or the cars either side of him. Then coming home, a truck rolled down his window and told us we had a flat. Didn't even feel it until we started to pull over. So he started to change the tire and discovered that he didn't have the right thingy (whatever you call it) to remove the lugs off the wheel. Hmm. Lug remover? LOL!! So we called Michael (good thing he was off!). While waiting for him, a CHP pulled over to make sure everything was ok. After he left, a truck pulled over and asked the same thing. A total stranger. It amazes me that people will do that. But sure is a nice feeling. E had a meeting that night was was subsequently late. Not too late, so it was ok, until he came home with 130 frames that he (or will it be we?) need to put certificates in.

Tuesday: E went to get the tire repaired. They patched it up, but when Michael left for work, he told him it was flat again. Back to the repair shop and came back with the spare still on. Need to order a new tire. We had a board meeting. I need to finish my message for the newsletter and write an article on our Lion of the Year.

Wednesday: We had lunch brought in by the reps, so that was good. They bought Korean food and there was alot left over. Guess what's for lunch the next day? E was supposed to get the new tire, but it had come in to late to change it. Dinner meeting at Chevy's. Good turnout and the guest speaker was Don S. from the Lions Eye Foundation. Interesting speech about patients and where the money goes.

Today: Well, E went and got the new tire. Everything mentioned above still has to be done, as there wasn't time to do anything else. And I still have the memo boxes to finish up. Guess I'll be busy the rest of the day!

Tomorrow: Work. But it'll be an early day, since one of the docs is out of town. I have a return appointment to the eye doc to check on my contacts. I finally have them to where I can wear both lens and be able to read, but my distance sight is not as good. Have a bit of trouble reading signs. I might have to settle for this. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Marchant said...

Wow, Yvonne, you have had a couple busy, hectic days. Bummer about the tire and so glad you weren't in a bad accident what with hitting the pallet and all. Yikes!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Dang girl! You week sounds so BUSY!
Good thing it was just the tire! I don't want to even think about what COULD have happened. It's pretty bad a pallet was in the middle of the road!
Get some rest!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh!!! I'm glad you guys weren't injured with that pallet falling!!! How scary!!! So, you didn't have too busy a week did you? LOL :) Like you added the "we" about the certificates and the framing!! Do you know Emil or what? LOL!!! Funny how that always happens, huh? Good luck with that, and I hope your new tire is finally working!!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home