Saturday, August 19, 2006

Just a bit of tidbits tonight...

Well, not much news on the homefront. Took mom shopping today. She's walking ok, albeit slow and slightly shaky. I suppose she's doing good for having both second toes curled over, at any rate. IMed with my little brother today. He's hard at work making his club enjoyable for his customers. This is his place, if you want to check it out. Gotta hand it to him, to sell everything here and moving overseas alone. Well, he's got friends there, anyway, which is good.

Tomorrow night's our last dress up night for awhile. It's the Peninsula Council installation. They have a tradition, well, more like someone's idea to liven things up, so they say. So each year, the new presidents get to put on an outfit of sorts (last year was the jail thing, if you followed my blog, you'd remember that! LOL!). This year, again, no one knows what it'll be. However, I told Emil that if it was something stupid, I was excusing myself to go to the bathroom! Fun is fun, but let's not embarrass people, you know? Besides, I don't think a hula skirt or flower headgear would go well with the semi-formals. I think the style will somehow clash. I don't quite see how they're honoring the presidents in this manner. We'll see. I'll have to scope out the layout for my getaway as soon as I get there!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Trinka said...

Have fun at your formal tonight Yvonne. We want to see pics of the night.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time at your formal! I had to LOL at the thought of scoping the place for a quick exit if it was necessary!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since I'm reading this AFTER your last formal dinner I already know you had a fun time, LOL!!! I know you especially loved wearing your Sudafed suit!!! LOL!!!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home