Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fishing story

OK, so I told Heidi she'd have to read my blog to hear this fish story.

Many years ago when the kids were still small, like 3 and 10 or so, we rented a boat to fish in the lake (stocked with trout) and so Michelle caught 5 fairly quickly. Michael caught a couple and I got lucky (I really think the fish were hungry that day!) and got the limit. Poor Emil didn't catch a single one and here I am with the light-weight pole reeling them in and he looks at me with the saddest face "Can I take your pole?" " I want to catch one!" OK, I must have been feeling pretty ornery since I usually am lucky to get one, and I said no. Now that I think back about it, I probably should have let him have one, but sheesh, my fish, my pole...........and the pouting face of a grown man.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL yes the pouting face of a man, I know that look too well.

10:21 AM  
Blogger heidi larsen said...

funny! it is a big deal to a man to be able to catch more than the girls! ha ha. thanks for sharing that funny story!

2:23 PM  
Blogger heidi larsen said...

oh- to answer your question about the cards. they aren't rub-ons. i was just "doodling". i have rub-ons in the herbanella line that are alphabets and phrases/words.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home