Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ching Ming

Today, we took Mom to the cemetary for Ching Ming. We bought 5 bunches of flowers, one each for Granpa and Grandma, cousin Stephen, Dad and Paul (who's not family but a friend of ours). I still have to do one more trip to my step-Dad's but since Mom can't make it up the hill (really steep) we go on our own. We're not really stick in the mud tradtion followers but pretty much do make the yearly trek (sometimes more) to visit. Mom did very well in walking around, except holding on when walking on slopes.

For more info on Ching Ming:
http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/festival/qingming/qingming.html

Afterwards, we took a trip to Costco, where we got 2 carts. One for her, one for us and Mom had her walker. She did pretty well here, too, only had to stop once to rest. She got quite a bit of food, found some sushi and picked up some crab, her favorite! Well, two crabs! I told her if she got a stomachache after eating all of that, she has no one to blame! LOL!!

I told her about my installation dinner and asked if she would come. Course, her usual answer was, if she felt up to it, she would. So I told her Ted was coming, so maybe she will. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tomorrow my friend and I are going to Costco for the first time. I heard that they have a lot of great sales there. We are also going to shop at super Joann's and Target while we are out.

It is great that you took your mother to the cemetery. I know that my parents go to the cemetery once a durning the high Jewish holiday.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to remember your ancestors. Thanks for the link!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Stacy Sheldon said...

Honey,
I sure hope your mama is gonna have an "up to it" day for your induction...
((( HUGS )))
Me

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home