Sunday, October 08, 2006

The weekend...

Well, we got to Reno at 3:30 Friday afternoon. Went up to the desk and our room's not ready. So, ok. She tells us to go back in half an hour. So we check in our bags and get something to snack on. Half hour later, we went to the keys/info counter. Still not ready. That's it. No apology, nothing. Come back in another fifteen minutes. So we walked around the shops. Not much to see or get. Go back to the counter again. This time, back to the same guy. Nope. Not ready. It's supposed to be ready. But it's not. Still no apology. Come back in another fifteen minutes or so. *Sigh* Here we go again. Back to the same guy once again. This time, it's ready. We were going to get and bring our own luggaage up to the room, since we had such luck with the room. We'd be lucky to get our luggage right away and not sit and wait for it. But they say they'd bring it up right away. OK. You win. We head up the elevator to the 25th floor. Find our room. There's a room tag on the door, but we put the key in and it opens. Lo and behold, the room's not made up yet. What a mess! I turned right around and walked out. And who comes down the hall, but the bellboy with our luggage. He was surprised how fast I was in and out of the room (he saw me down the hall). I was so upset. So he went in and called the front desk and they gave us another room right away, down the hall. Behind the elevators. The room smelled of smoke and it's suposed to be non-smoking. Insert another sigh. I turn on the air. I hear the elevators going up and down, but it's not too loud. Sheesh.

Back down to the same cheery guy at the counter. The room smells of smoke, I tell him. Well, it's a non-smoking room. Maybe you're smelling it from the hall. It's a non-smoking floor. (OK, so how can I smell it from the hall?) I give up. It's only two nights.

Well, it was ok the first night. We were tired, so nothing woke us up. Saturday, we didn't have any plans, so went to Denny's for breakfast. Food was ok. I was going to work on my snack swap, but discovered while unpacking that I forgot to bring the receipe. So I decided that it was a short one, I'd write it out. Off to Michael's we went, got some paper and a pen. Also found the October and holiday issues of Scrapbook Answers. Unfortunately, I like this magazine and it's folding. The last issue will be November. Shucks. Then off we went to Wally World and I found the second part to the new Nora Roberts trilogy. Emil got the third X-men movie. Back to the hotel. Emil brought his computer, so while he worked on the pictures from Alaska, I'm working on the swap and finished what I could.

We had a cocktail party to attend. I really didn't want to go. I don't really drink, nor do I know most of these people. Just a couple. But we go. One of the women there that I just met seemed to take a liking to me. She was pretty nice and talkative, so that was good. She lost her first two husbands and now was on the third. He's 89 and they've been married for 3 years. She wanted us to sit with them at dinner so I said ok. Dinner went fine, except it seemed like she wanted to talk to me everytime someone was talking about our club. Oh, well. Emil heard it all and told me what I missed later on.

To be continued....

I have to get ready for work tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! Thats such a shame about your room. It seems like the hotel didn't really want to do much for you. I am really surprised that the manger didn't comp you a room for all the trouble they put you through. I wouldn't go back there.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what crappy customer service! Hope you got your swap done or at least a dent in it! I haven't even started mine...

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home