Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pictures from convention, Charter Night





Here's a couple of photos from our Multiple District Convention. This young lady from Los Angels was the International Winner for her peace poster. She and her parents will go to New York for the Lions Day at the United Nations where she will be presented with a plaque and $2,500. With her in the photo is Jimmy Ross, our International President from Texas.
The last photo is one that we happen to catch. We were wandering the different booths and here's this little face peeking out from under the table.


Last week was also our Charter Night. 58 years of service. We just figured out too, that if Emil got elected, he would be governor for our 60th. Cool!

And so, today will be busy. We're serving lunch at two senior homes (about 120 people) then we'll be having our nominating committee meeting afterwards. I have to say that my year so far has been interesting but I think I'll be glad when it's over as I'm still not crazy about having to give the reports and the council meetings and all.

Tomorrow's Chinese New Year. The year of the Boar. I'm not ready for it yet.....which reminds me. To clarify my previous post about my generous boss. The things that were given was for Chinese New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home