So far, so good...
Another week has gone by. This week, Emil went on 5 visitations and I went on 3 of them. I wasn't able to attend the other 2 as one was the same time as our board meeting and one was during lunch but I was busy with stuff for the meeting for the same evening.
Everyone has been very gracious and offered their support. This is really wonderful and Emil couldn't be any more pleased.
Well, it's Friday night and I'm bushed. Just back from dinner and I still need to pack. We leave sometime tomorrow morning to Carmel for the Eye Foundation meeting and dinner. I think we're going to stop at the outlet stores in Gilroy, since I don't get to go too often and see if I can find any bargins!
Then it's back to work on Wednesday, but Tuesday evening is our joint dinner meeting with another club and the Rotarians. Should be interesting! We only have 3 visitations scheduled for next week, but I only will go to 2, since one is a luncheon on a work day. Emil has a meeting Wednesday also, and we both have a meeting Thursday evening. Saturday will be a full day. We have a program to attend during the day in Oakland, then we head over to Burlingame for a hoedown fundraiser!
Oh, speaking of fundraisers, we are almost all set for Emil's campaign fundraiser. All we're waiting for is one thing, then we need to do a minor adjustment to the flyer and it's all set for February 25th. We're also putting together baskets for a silent auction. I wonder if I'll have time to do one, maybe with a bunch of cards? Hmmm. Oh, I almost forgot. You want to know what the fundraiser will be? How about a tour of a castle here in town? It has some interesting history. Built shortly after 1906 by the great grandfather of Pete McCloskey (former congressman) it was a haven for bootleggers and rumrunners during Prohibition and was frequently raided. Then in the late 20s, it was an illegal hospital where abortions were performed. Then renamed the Chateau Lafayette, it was repeatly shut down for selling illegal booze. Fortunately for it, it was purchased in 1957 and then filled with movie palace memorabilia and antiques and is now used by many organizations for tours and fundraisers.


1 Comments:
WOW! You are so busy, Yvonne!!! I don't know how you fit it all in and still find time to sleep! LOL!!
I was wondering what the visitations were about that you talked about in this entry? I'm sure you talked about it earlier, but since I've been away so long, I wasn't sure what they were about.
Is Emil running for president for the next year? Will you two be co-presidents then?
I hope you had a great time in Carmel!! I'm sure it was beautiful this time of year, even if it was cold. Welcome home!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home