Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My word for 2007

I blogged earlier about choosing a word from the e-zine I subscribe to. Well, I've decided on my word:

moderation:
Avoidance of extremes of opinion, feeling, or personal conduct.

This is to remind me: not to overeat (that's the big one!!), not to get obsessed with doing anything, not to get my feelings hurt if someone is unthinking in something they say and for me not to open my mouth without thinking first. This part is fairly important, I think. I don't want to say something stupid (which I think I already might have done) to hurt Emil's campaign, so I have to start watching what and how I say things.

The other word I had been considering is tortoise. Weird, but still has meaning (in my weird way of thinking, anyway.

You know the story of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady to win the race. While there's no real race, I thought it would apply to any goal I had. Weight loss, completion of anything I started, etc. The hard shell for protection from hearing any hurtful things or saying them. You get the point, I think.

I'm seeing that alot of people has chosen their word. It's interesting to see what it is and why they chose it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Sheldon said...

I like your word...
{are you going to make it a physical thing where you can see it each day?}

I have been blog hoping tonight for the first time in forever haha.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home