4 more days...
I was asked today if I was nervous about Sunday. Do I have butterflies? Ummm, no. Dinosaurs....Teradactyls, to be more precise, I think.
Emil's printing out the programs for me right now. Yesterday and today was spent asking and getting hold of people to see if they'd do the pledge, song and invocation. Tables are set unless I get more last minute RSVPs. What is it with people? They were supposed to answer by the 11th and I'm still getting calls today? This has been a never-ending problem with functions, probably all over but seems to be a common occurance here. Guess I shouldn't complain this time, since it's my dinner!!
Flowers for the tables are being taken care of and I think someone's doing some other stuff (secret from me) so all we really have to do on Sunday is set out the programs and pins.
I've written my speech. Typed it out in 14 sized print so I can see it without squinting. Going to have to try and memorize it for the most part, so I'm not reading it and looking stupid. Gotta try to remember not to talk fast (I do if I'm nervous). I would have a drink prior, but it's probably not a good idea either. Asian flush is a dead give-away, plus I'd probably drink too much and end up under the table. Not a pretty sight.
So, yeah, guess I'm a bit nervous.....


3 Comments:
You'll be great Yvonne! I'll keep you in my thoughts that all will be well for you! You have such a fun personality and I know it will go smoothly for you... just don't end up under the table! LOL!
Yvonne...you crack me up! Dinosaurs? You are going to do just fine! Just don't slip under the table and everything will be great! I look forward to seeing pictures.
GOOD LUCK!
Under the table??? Don't you mean you would end up on TOP of the tables.......dancing??!!! ROFLOL!!! Yvonne, after meeting you in person, I have no doubts at all that you will do a FABULOUS job on Sunday!!! I just KNOW it!!! I'm SO excited for you, too!!! I wish I could be there to watch you give your speech and see all the fun things that will be done to welcome you into office!!! I will have to settle for pictures, I guess, so don't forget to post them, K? We're all cheering you on!! If you get nervous, just look at Emil and pretend that he forgot to get dressed!!! That should crack you up, loosen you up, and set free some of those butterflies....ummm...I mean dinosaurs!!! LOL!!! Good luck, Yvonne!!! Not that you need it!! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home