WOW! This past weekend!
I'm here in body, but boy, was I tired! Wednesday, the day before leaving for our retreat, I find out I'm the only one that hadn't signed up for the card swap!! Mind you, I'm at work, too. Yow! So what do I do? I made cards that night after coming home, so ended up with only an hour's sleep before having to get to the airport. If I had been a tad smarter, I would have counted how many peopled signed up so I would have known earlier, but nope, I didn't! Silly me, next time I know better!
I met Michele at the curbside check-in and we chatted all the way until our arrival at Salt Lake and met Michelle (from Canada) there. From the time we got picked up by Shar and Nikki, it was pretty much a whirlwind of a weekend.
Thursday, we went shopping at different stores, then we all had the opportunity to participate in a focus group on scrapping. That was pretty interesting, then they fed us pizza. We also all made cards for Russell who's away on a mission (his mom's a hoot and one of the ladies in our group).
Friday and Saturday was classes and giveaways from various sponsoring companies. Those who've been to CKU know to go with an empty (large one!) bag as it gets filled with goodies. Same thing applies here! Anyway, the classes were alot of fun, as always and we learned alot. I finally got to make my first lunchbox (thanks, Kim!). Thanks to Shar, we ate really well, too!
Sad to say, the weekend went by too fast and it was time to go home. I think we all were pretty sleep deprived, but we had a blast!
I know you're wondering where the photos are and I will add them onto the slideshow, so keep your eyes on that. Thanks to Heather (I copied a couple of photos from your blog) for posting your review.
After coming home on Sunday, I had a dinner to attend that evening. It was the Governor's installation dinner. Good thing I had time to take a (long) nap before having to get ready for it. Fortunately, too, it was short and sweet so we were able to get home at a reasonable hour.
Last night, we had another dinner out, since we had to reschedule our family birthday dinner. We went to the Hong Kong Seafood Restaurant and pretty much ate everything! Guess we were all hungry!


6 Comments:
Thanks for a wonderful weekend Yvonne! I'm so glad I got to see you again. I'm just sad we didn't get to spend a lot of time together. Where did the time go?
I cannot believe you went to a formal dinner when you got home! I was pooped! I must say, you looked beautiful!
I was very impressed with the cards you made! You did a LOT of work in a short amount of time! It was wonderful to see you again!!
Your cards were awesome. I sure with I could do my cards that fast.
I was so glad to meet you Yvonne. I am sorry I messed our whole table up on TM'S prioject. I enjoyed talking to you and getting to know you. Your pin you designed is adorable.
Your pictures of your dinner were beautiful...you diffinately didn't look tired to me!
Yvonne, It was so good to see you again! I enjoyed sitting with you! I loved your cards!
Yvonne, I had a total BLAST chatting with you the whole way to Utah!!! It was SO much fun getting to finally meet you, and I can't wait for September when we take a class together at The Nook!!!
I wish that we had more time together at QKU because by the time we sat together for that brief time, I was lost on the cards and didn't get to chat with you much. I guess that's what sleep deprivation does to me! LOL! Thanks for helping me to catch up!!
Like I told you before, I LOVED your cards!!! They were so creative and so much fun!!! Emil was a little TOO creative for ya, huh? ROFLOL!!! At least that didn't wind up in your card swap and passed out at the church!! Can you imagine if that had happened???!!! Anyway, super cute job.....especially when you did them last minute and with no sleep!! I'm very impressed!!!
I agree with Kim...you looked beautiful and you don't look tired at all!!! Now you need to rest up for THIS Sunday!!! Madam President!!! Love ya!!!
soooo glad to see you again yvonne!
Post a Comment
<< Home