Catch up time again!
Yeah, it's been busy! OK, since my last post, we've been to another District convention meeting. It was interesting to find things out as I'm attending these things.
Saturday was our Cabinet meeting. This time, we made it to Starbucks and I got my soy latte, which I haven't had in awhile before picking Harold up. Yummy! Meeting went fine, they did something different this year. Shorter on reports and we had 3 breakout sessions touching on the convention, Proud Lion/Membership and conflict resolution. The last one was the most interesting. As usual, we stuck around for the raffle. Harold won one prize only, but it was the grand prize, a silver and diamond bracelet! Wow! I didn't even see it prior to the meeting, but got a chance to see it when they brought it over.

Beautiful. He gave it away to a friend, and I'm sure it'll be treasured.
After the meeting, we went down to Santa Clara and met up with Sharla. She was working the expo that I would have been at, if it wasn't for the cabinet meeting. We had dinner and chatted and laughed and had a great time. Emil liked her and thought she was really nice. She in turn invited him to QKU, but he declined. He figured there would be too many women there, even though I bet he would have enjoyed the classes!


Monday evening was the Peninsula Council dinner. I was so tired that day. We had patients from 9AM sharp until 4:30PM and I didn't get a lunch break. When Emil picked me up, I crashed until we got home. Stayed long enough to grab my badge and notes then off we went.
It was pouring rain all the way down and while at the dinner, the lights flickered a few times and went out. Fortunately, that only lasted a few seconds. Barbara and Nancy both won something this time.



Heading back home, it was strangely dark in our neighborhood. As a matter of fact, it looked like all of Pacifica was out. We went down to the Post Office to check the mail, and Emil parked with the headlights shining into the building.
Good thing I had a good flashlight. The power came back on right when we were going to bed.
Tuesday, we had our board meeting. Emil took the minutes at the last meeting, since I didn't go. Looks like I'm going to be president next year. Michael made me repeat the nominations of officers a few times! Hmmmmph! I'm going to have to get back at him!
Last night Emil and I attended the SF Circle Club organizational meeting. It looks like they will be forming two clubs instead of one, the SF Circle and the SF Premiere. They have alot of work to do, since they plan to have their Charter night on May27th. We meet again on March 17th.
I spent the whole afternoon doing reports. Yow! 17 pages! And that doesn't include the visitation and chair reports. I think I'll be glad when this is over! Then tonight I finished up the second set of mailings that needs to go out this weekend for convention.
And tomorrow. Sunday. The day of rest. NOT!! Tomorrow morning's our club convention meeting. I still don't have my character for the costume parade picked out yet. Fantasy Adventure. Fantasy Island. Who or what should I be? I need ideas! Simple and easy, since I'm sure I'll be busy from now until then! At least we have our Friday night dinner figured out!
After the meeting, I need to work on Nancy's album. I'm not as far as I'd like to be.


2 Comments:
You are one busy lady. When do you have time to rest? I think that it is great that you are so involved in the lions club. It is a great organization and it sounds like you get to meet a lot of great people.
Yvonne, it was so good to see you again. It was nice to meet Emil, too. What a fun couple you both are! Thanks, again, for dinner.
Post a Comment
<< Home