OMGOSH! My house is FILLED with SMOKE!
My cookie monster decided to make cookies after dinner. You know, the toll house ones that are ready made from Costco? So he puts them nicely onto the cookie sheet, sticks it into the oven for 15 minutes (according to directions).
So I'm smelling them and say, I smell them. Are they ready? He goes into the kitchen and I hear a "O Holy S**t!" Curiosity got the better of me, so I go and walk into the kitchen but it's now a room filled with smoke. Window's open as is the oven door. Ummm, honey, maybe you should turn off the oven, too?
10 minutes later, he's dumped the burnt to a crisp "cookies" and starts another batch.
I'll let you know if I hear fire engines this time.......


5 Comments:
OH NO!!! I bought my dad a sign that says " you know when dinner is ready the smoke detector goes off" LOL I hope that your DH had better luck with the second batch of cookies.
Love the Mentos video. All I gotta say is, those guys have too much time on their hands, but what they do is way cool!
Darn, burnt cookies huh? Bummer. Was the oven on Bake or Broil? Hopefully the second attempt was better than the first.
Too funny! I hope you were able to get the smell out quickly. I hate having a burnt smell in my house!
Yes - It was the DH. Burnt to a crisp. I threw them out on the street. It works just like asphalt. Now the city will not have to surface the street for another year or two.
The second batch - I adjusted the time. Mmmmmmmm - good cookies.
DH
My kids did the Mentos thing this summer and had a blast with it!
Post a Comment
<< Home