Sunday, September 11, 2005

Another busy weekend...

Well, yesterday we had our second District officer's training class. It was interesting how each session in the same year could be so different.

After coming home, I had decided I needed to make something else in addition to the cards as a raffle prize for International Director candidate Dana Biggs' fundraiser.



I think it might be alittle hard to see, but it's an altered clipboard calender. Each month's page can be pulled out for notes and such and after next year, it still can be used for other things. It was fun to make and hope I will be doing more!

The fundraiser will be at Bay Meadows at the infield. They're having a barbeque picnic luncheon and raffle prizes (!!) so it should be lots of fun!
I'll have to let you all know how our bets on the horses go!



On a more somber note, today is the 4th anniversary of the great loss of lives at the Twin Towers and Pentagon and the those on the planes. I know we all have experienced changes in our lives in one way or another from that event. I remember that I had just woke up and the phone rang. It was Nina calling me to tell me turn on the TV. I remember I was so shocked and woke up Emil and we just couldn't believe it. He had to go to work, but since I was off, I didn't get anything done that day. I just sat and watched in disbelief and cried all day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful idea. A calandar and board. this would make a nice oresent for someone special.

Nice phito too. Did your husband take it? he must be a saint.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home