Thursday, April 12, 2007

My new pet and some catchup

Not new to some of you, but I just never got around to adding him in. He's Flyer, my little monkey for my friends at the monkey board. If you click on any part of the tree, he goes to it and you can also give him a bannana by clicking the little tab that says more.

So last Saturday we had the drawing for the new car. Over 140,000 (hope I remember that right, but it was ALOT!) tickets were sold and we had two winners from our city. So some lucky person got a new car (Chevy Colbalt). It's a pretty good fundraiser for all the clubs involved.

This coming weekend, we're headed to Visalia for the Eye Foundation meeting. I don't attend the meeting, only the dinner. So usually bring something to work on, read or watch some TV while he's gone. I got a list of scrap stores so I think there'll be time to scope one or three out before dinner.

I got a notice for jury duty at the end of the month, but forgot to send it in for a postponement. So I called first thing this morning. Nice lady let it go and gave me the postponement anyway.

I finally got my costume for the convention. It's supposed to be turn of the century theme and my dress is probably alittle earlier, (Edwardian is really not that popular!) more Victorian/Civil War/maybe Dickens with the high lacy/ruffly collar and a full skirt and sash. I had to get a crinoline skirt for underneath, too. Shoes won't match the outfit, but the skirt should be long and wide enough to cover it. Hope I don't trip over myself! Definite Kodak moment!!!

Now some bad news. I got a call from our daughter in Indianapolis today. Her apartment was broken into while she was at work and she lost her camera and laptop and some other electronics. Guess that was pretty much all they were after as they left the jewelery behind. I hope she gets it back, but I'm sure it's gone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole *Ü* said...

Oh no!! I'm sorry about Michelle's apartment and stuff. I hope they find it too, but I don't think that happens very often. So sad!! I can't wait to see pictures of you in your period dress. Sounds interesting!! Sounds like a great success for the car. Someone sure got lucky!!!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are seriously one busy little chickadee!

Sorry about Michelle's apartment. That must be scary for you as a mom to hear about things like ths happening to your little girl... even though she's a grown adult!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

OMG!!! I'm so glad that Michelle wasn't home when her apartment was broken into!!!! I hope they find her stuff, but unfortunately, I have a feeling that probably won't be the case. Nevertheless, I'm so glad that SHE wasn't hurt during the break-in!!!

Wish I had won the car!! LOL!!!

Can't wait to see your pictures with you in your costume!!! I'm sure you'll look great!!! I hope you have fun at the event!!!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Stacy Sheldon said...

whew, at least M was not home when it happened.
can't wait to see photos of the new costume too. :)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home