Saturday, April 28, 2007

More catching up...













Well, we had our Vice District Governor Maxine do an offical visitation a couple of weeks ago. It went well and at the same time, I received a plaque in the mail from on of the softball teams we sponsored. They won state champion! Then Emil made an offical presentation from the Lions Eye Foundation for 37 years of donations and support from our club. The last presentation was made to one of our members who had won a raffle awhile back for a Melvin Jones fellow. As our VDG was there, I asked her to present it. After all the order of business was over, we had alittle bit of fun. Harold's birthday happens to fall on April 15th (so how could we forget it?) so I asked everyone what that day was. First guess, of course was the taxes. Then Michael G remembered what it was and everyone asked how old he was. We all sang happy birthday, then the cake was brought out. Since he was 64, Michael D. had to sing "When I'm 64" and we had to stop him, otherwise the candles would have burned into the cake! It was fun!

And so this weekend, we're having our rummage sale. We had a scare that it wasn't going to happen, but it did. Thank goodness, we certainly could use the money!

Here's some pictures from the day....















1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of your pics look fun Yvonne! I hope the rumage sale is a huge success for you! I laughed when reading about the guys singing "when I'm 64" and you all having to stop him! LOL!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home